I’m so glad I participated in the WazUPwidis Urban Stair Challenge! I loved it because it was something different (not just a run), and also I didn’t run alone…but I got to run with great friends and boot camp buddies (including my sister).
How did we do climbing those 600 steps? Not too shabby! It was mind over matter as we conquered one stairwell at a time, blasting through flight after flight of stairs. At the finish line, our boot camp group was ready for more! How is that possible? Interval training. I tell ya, it’s the way to go for increasing strength, endurance, lactic acid tolerability, and overall athletic coordination. If you haven’t tried it…you need to get some!
What was the hardest part for a couple of us? Going DOWN the 400 steps in the winding stairwells…we may or may not have gotten a little dizzy. Haha!
It was a lot of fun, and of course, Mountain Junkies did a great job with coordinating the event – clear markings, good communication, and great volunteers. Make sure to check out more of what Mountain Junkies has to offer throughout 2014.
Thank you to those of you who gave money towards City Missions Roanoke. You have helped feed breakfast to several kids and adults! Thank you!!
And guess what?...
The Meadow Lily opens tomorrow!
Several of you have asked what I’ll be selling online (because you know I love creating all sorts of crafty things). Currently, I’m selling photos from both overseas and local adventures along with photo-inspired stationary. Under The Meadow Lily, I’ll also be able to continue taking natural-light family and individual portraits (but I won’t be selling those online). If you’re interested in booking a photo session, please email me at themeadowlily@gmail.com.
I’m still re-finishing furniture and creating things with pallets, but I’m not selling those on Etsy at this time. If you’re interested in finding out more about refinishing/repurposing furniture or pallet work, please email me at leighsuzanne@gmail.com
Thank you for reading my blog...now, I'd love to hear from you! Fill me in on how you're doing lately and what God is doing in your life!
No comments:
Post a Comment