Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Running for a Reason in 2014

I used to be a relatively regular blog updater when I lived overseas, but once I returned to the States, I became much less of a blogger (obviously). Life got busy, I fell into a routine, and since I now live nearby to those I was actually blogging for, I picked up the phone instead of typing on the computer.

This year will be different...

Although I am completely aware that I often begin the year with high aspirations to do things I know I won't actually do or finish, I'm going to go ahead and put it out there that I'd like to update my blog on a more regular basis in 2014. One thing I will definitely be blogging about is my adventuresome running.

You're excited about that, right? ;)

In 2014, I'm going to be running for a purpose - not just to get another race T-Shirt and eat bagels and peanut butter at the end. While I'm not knocking T-Shirts and post-race snacks (yum!), I am challenging myself - and you - to evaluate why we do things and how we can inspire and encourage others.

This year, I'll be running to raise awareness and funds for City Missions Roanoke. Have you heard of it? If not, take time to check out the webpage. For each race I run, I'll post location, date, goals, and ideas for getting involved in City Missions and how to pledge money for the run... and all donations will go to City Missions Roanoke. 

The little details are still swimming around in my head ... but it's taking shape, and the donation button will be up and ready before my first run of the year on February 8th. Stay tuned, and hang in there with me...I'll be updating my blog with race dates and details, ideas for pledging money, and encouraging you to join a City Missions team along with me.

Why are you running this year? How will you use your health and well being to encourage and inspire others?

Happy New Year, everyone! May the Lord bless and keep you and make His face shine upon you in 2014!