Wednesday, December 8, 2010

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...

For the past two years, some friends have let me borrow a small, fake Christmas tree to decorate for the holidays. I tell ya what - I am thankful for the little guy, but shew! He's a Charlie Brown tree for sure! He needs lots of love and decorations to bring him to life.

One of my friends came over to help me decorate it the other day. We ate cookies and drank hot chocolate as we placed the lights, tinsel, and ornaments on the tree. It was a lot of fun - especially since she had never decorated a tree before! This was her first one, and she did a great job!

After we finished, we sat, chatted, and drank our cocoa in the dim room with only the tree and a few candles lit. It was such a Christmasy atmosphere! ... And then the main set of lights on the tree went out...and soon after that another. Ha! I'm left with only one small strand on the bottom. At least we got a shot of the tree fully lit before the lights started burning out!

I love the Christmas season! I'm so thankful that God sent Jesus (Immanuel, God With Us), so that we can have a relationship with Him forever! Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Here's my lovely tree! 

Before... (See - just like Charlie Brown's tree! Complete with Linus' little blue blanket!)

After! Pretty, huh? (Same tree topper as last year - it's a STARbucks cup!)

 Here's my friend and I trying to get ourselves and the beautiful tree in the same shot. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment