Monday, November 8, 2010

Bring It On, Jillian (again...)

When my sister had a baby shower several months ago, I gave her gifts to use after the baby was born... workout DVD's and a book by Jillian Michaels to help whip her back into shape after little John arrived. While some people may have taken offense, I knew my sister wouldn't! She was pumped about the videos (30 Day Shred and Biggest Loser Yoga with Bob) and has really enjoyed the book (Making the Cut). Well, the baby has been born, and Michelle (my sister) has been cleared for working out by her doctor - SO - today is the day!

We both began the 30 Day Shred today (I'm doing it long distance). Anyone else want to join us? C'mon, you know you want to. 30 days of grueling exercise and intense training with Jillian. Each workout is only 27 minutes from start to finish. I mean, you may want to die at the end of the workout, but it IS relatively short!

I know I've said this before, but we have to remember that if we want to change, we've got to be willing to be put through the wringer. We aren't changed by just being. We have to allow ourselves to be put into hard situations, so that our bodies, minds, and hearts can be broken, chiseled, and sanded down (it's painful!) in order that they can be built back up stronger than they were before.

Even if we don't actually put ourselves in such situations, we do often find ourselves in them - whether it's our choice or not. Even in those circumstances - the ones we haven't chosen for ourselves - if we are willing to give way and allow the situation to transform us, we will come out stronger than we when we went in.

James wrote,
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 

While Jillian's workouts have to do with the physical, it is easy to see how they relate to the spiritual. I love how the Creator allows us to see His Truth in different ways - in life pictures and images.

So, are you ready to be changed? Let's do it. Together.

Bring it on, Jliian, we're ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment