Saturday, May 7, 2011

Strawberries Shortcakes All Around, Please!

I grew up in Roanoke, but for the past 8 or so years, I haven't lived in the area (until recently). Since moving back to my hometown, I have made a goal to spend more time downtown - an area very unexplored for me, even thought I did grow up here. It was always intimidating when I was younger - the one way streets and parallel parking were a bit much for some reason.

This afternoon, my sister, mom, two nephews Aunt Sara James, and I went downtown to the Strawberry Festival for a couple of hours. We each got a VERY large and EXTREMELY delightful strawberry shortcake. Delish! We also walked around in the City Market, and I brought back a  wrap and a smoothie for dinner from a small local shop in the market square.

I enjoyed spending the day with the family, listening to music, eating wonderful food, and exploring downtown a bit. Looking forward to spending more time in this very unique and interesting area of town!

Here are a few pics from the Strawberry Fest!






Waiting in line to play a bball game :-)

 He's a little shy around crowds...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment