Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year! Welcome 2011!

I hope you all had a wonderful 2010 and that you're looking forward to an amazing 2011.

Last year I made several resolutions (I hadn't made resolutions in a very long time, but last year I thought I'd make a few). Here they are:

1. Read one book a month
2. Memorize the book of 1 Thessalonians
3. Play/practice guitar for improvement (learn F, F#, B, Bb, Dm, C#)
4. Stop playing with my hair
5. Let my hair grow out and cut it off to give away through Locks of Love
6. Make and post a life purpose statement
7. Prepare well for the future while living solidly in the present

I'm happy to say that I did read at least one book a month, I stopped playing with my hair (mostly!), wrote and posted a life purpose statement, and feel like I prepared well for the future while living solidly in the present. I kind of memorized 1Thess - I know it with a little help. I'll keep working on it. I also didn't practice guitar as much as I hoped, but I did learn some new chords and am better with bar chords than before! I have let my hair grow and have made an appointment to cut it off in February. I'm pumped about it!

Last year, I posted my goals on my other blog (partly for accountability and partly to encourage others to make goals for the year). This year, I'm doing the same thing. Here we go:

1. Read one book a month
2. Memorize the books of the Bible, the names of the 12 disciples, and the 10 Commandments (I know, I know I should know these already, but I don't...yet. I will soon.)
3. Memorize 2 Thessalonians
4. Participate in at least 3 races and 1 triathlon
5. Enjoy quality time with friends and family 
6. Be in a small, community theatre musical
7. Write melodies for some Truth Verses for kids to learn (list came from Daniel Palmer :-))
8. Adjust well to American culture after not living there for a while
9. Whenever I am fearful to try something new/do something outrageous, remember what the Father did in my life in 2010 and go forth boldly without fear. Instead of cowering, say, "Bring it on."

If you would like to join me in any of these things, let me know - I'd love the company!

What is your 2011 going to look like? How are we going to work together to make this year even better than the last one? Let's make tons of great memories and work to leave a legacy for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment